TITLE: Grants and Data Manager
REPORTS TO: Virginia State Director
ORGANIZATION: No Kid Hungry Virginia Campaign
LOCATION: Richmond, VA
DATE: October 2017
The Grants and Data Manager for the No Kid Hungry Virginia campaign will engage in the activities outlined below in coordination with Share Our Strength and key stakeholders. The Grants and Data Manager will oversee the implementation of strategies designed to enhance and improve service delivery models to increase participation in federal child nutrition programs across Virginia. The Grants and Data Manager will work in partnership with the Virginia Department of Education, and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the No Kid Hungry Virginia Campaign.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the State Director, Associate Director, and Share our Strength, lead and manage No Kid Hungry Virginia's role in the grant making process to support the areas of nutrition education, school breakfast, and additional federal nutrition programs.
- Support various grant cycles including identifying strategic targets for grant making, tracking and responding to inquiries, ensuring submissions are complete and meeting established criteria, providing guidance on the review and approval procedures, and leading the applicant review process.
- Work with the Associate Director to recommend support levels for grants to partner organizations from Share Our Strength needed to accomplish goals.
- Oversee compliance and accountability efforts for all grant cycles to ensure grant funds are utilized for intended purposes, grantees are connected to appropriate technical assistance, and assist in remittance efforts as needed.
- Provide recommendations and actively participate in discussions about Share Our Strength’s grant making strategies and procedures.
- Monitor program growth rates among No Kid Hungry Virginia grantees and outreach targets, and work closely with the Associate Director, Program Associate, and sponsor leadership to develop improvement plans as needed
- Support State Director and Associate Director with strategic data analysis during annual planning and quarterly reviews.
- Working with the Program Associate, utilize state agency and locally available data to assess gaps in services and identify expansion opportunities.
- Create, maintain, and improve upon data reports that help the program staff track progress against goals.
- Analyze state outcome data for participation in federal nutrition programs and nutrition education, including fulfilling specific data requests from staff, partners, and funders.
- Provide analytic decision support and impact analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify enhancements and additional components needed to monitor evolving and expanding program activities.
- Assist Program Associate in the development of data-driven internal and external communication resources and outreach materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, and organize time and priorities
- Data-driven, with strong quantitative skills
- Skilled in researching, collecting, organizing, and managing large data sets
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel (proficiency with vlookups, iferrors, and pivot tables preferred)
- Experience with database software preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and intuitive interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well as a member of a team
- Experience with state or local government administration preferred
- Experience working on hunger and/or poverty issues, particularly federal nutrition programs, highly desirable.
This is a full-time contract position. Please email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Claire Mansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org